In 1934, the Olden Pioneer’s Monument commemorating the 80th anniversary of the actual settlement in Olden was located next to the Mountain Grove four crossings. Relocation for the second time came in the early 1950’s with a road change. The plaque was moved to the top of a high rock at the four crossings. After receiving permission from the Central Frontenac Township, there has now been a third relocation. The Plaque is at the base of the rock, rather than being at the top, in order to create an accessible viewing place.
There were many volunteers who made this possible. One volunteer was Dale Meeks who donated his time, heavy lifting, and an antique iron wheel. Bill Wolf donated his time and his John Deere for site preparation. Bill Uens and Nic Smith gave their time and heavy lifting as well. Lyn and Arlene Uens designed and fabricated a frame for the plaque as well as a concrete base to hold the wheel design. Curtis Trailers Kaladar donated the steel. A big thank you goes out to all the volunteers. Please come out to the site to see it for yourself!