Sail Mazinaw | Jul 16, 2015
Sail craft of all descriptions are invited to Sail Mazinaw on Saturday July 18. Sailboards, kite-boards, dinghies, and keelboats are all welcome. Boats from as far away as Hamilton will be making the trek to one of the most spectacular sailing venues in Ontario. It will be an opportunity for cottagers and campers to sail in a flotilla on Mazinaw Lake. The activities start with a skippers' breakfast at Mazinaw Lakeside Resort from 8-10 am. Then boats will meet at mid-lake for a day of sailing in company. Friends Of Bon Echo will have the barbecue lit in The Lagoon from noon to 2pm for burgers and hot dogs. Boats on the north lake should pull up on the North Beach and walk to The Lagoon. Boats on the south lake should pull up next to the South Beach and will be just steps away from The Lagoon.
The windiest time of the day is usually at 2:00. Sailors can enjoy a full afternoon of sailing before heading for home. For more information, please check the Sail Mazinaw Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SailMazinaw
or call 613-336-2814.
- Frontenac Paramedic Services opts for continuity in leadership as the future becomes uncertain
- Pen pal correspondence has continued for 82 years
- Conservation Authorities face 50% funding cut
- Ambulance service was a big part of amalgamation talks, says former Warden
- Cuts to Library funding forces end to inter-library loan service