Apr 22, 2010
Just about everyone has a mother, a sister, or a friend who has been touched by breast cancer, and the ladies in the Land O’Lakes would like us all to get together to “Help Whip Cancer”.
In support of breast cancer research, a group of businesses from the Highway 41 corridor will be hosting a Ladies’ Night Out on Monday, May 3, from 4-8 pm at the Kaladar Community Centre. There is no admission fee for Ladies Night Out, which will feature displays from several businesses that all provide the kind of products that are of special interest to ladies. Wendy Brook of Epicure will have a selection of spices and other items, and Robin Andrew will have Avon products. Jeannie Allen from Ultimate Embroidery will have a display, as will Michelle Edgar of the Pampered Chef. Rounding out the displays will be Brittany Hasler from B and B Candles.
In addition to the displays there will be free food and a number of draws for donated prizes. All of the vendors will be donating a portion of their sales towards Breast Cancer research.
- Health Unit raises the alarm over radon in KFL&A
- “I was like a fly to his fly-paper,” North Frontenac land developer David Hill says of Gypsy Villas in fraud trial
- Freak lightning strike triggers first response in South Frontenac
- The butterfly lady of Inverary
- Parham Fair carries on regardless of the weather