Carolyn McCullough | May 11, 2016
Worshippers at Land o' Lakes Emmanuel United Church held a joyous covenanting ceremony recently. The pledge between Rev. D'thea Webster and the congregation opened a new chapter both for her ministry and those assembled. D'thea comes from a long line of United Church ministers, two of whom were in attendance. Penny Akey, chair of The Four Winds Presbytery, conducted the well-attended service. Many congregants, family, and well-wishers were present. Ordained in 2012, Rev Webster was called to the area last fall and quickly became part of the Northbrook community where she resides. Land O' Lakes Emmanuel Church is the successful amalgamation of Harlowe United Church, Cloyne United Church and Riverside Untied Church (Flinton). It is located just off Highway 41 on #108 Addington Road #2 in Northbrook. The inclusive church welcomes everyone to their services on Sundays at 10am.
- Frontenac Paramedic Services opts for continuity in leadership as the future becomes uncertain
- Pen pal correspondence has continued for 82 years
- Conservation Authorities face 50% funding cut
- Ambulance service was a big part of amalgamation talks, says former Warden
- Cuts to Library funding forces end to inter-library loan service