Jeff Green | Sep 03, 2009
Back to HomeFeature Article - September 3, 2009 Elphinfest 9 set for SundayBy Jeff Green
Revv Engine at last year's Elphinfest.
Rick Killingbeck, Elphin’s own rock ‘n roller, will once again be welcoming hundred of guests to his backyard for a Labour Day weekend rock and blues festival this Sunday Sept. 6, starting at 12 noon.
Elphinfest, which takes place in a shaded venue just north of the flashing light in downtown Elphin, will feature something old and something new this year. Favorites from previous festivals include the Woodrunners from Ottawa, Still Dangerous from Carleton Place, and from North of 7 the legendary Sonic Roots will be closing the show.
New additions to the festival this year include CC Riders, a Blues band, and a jazz fusion band from Perth called BBQ Christmas Party.
Food will be provided by the Elf Inn Express, and the sound by the incomparable Raul will emanate from the newly constructed Elphinfest stage.
Tickets to Elphinfest are $10, and the music will continue on into the evening until about 11 pm.
Celebrate the end of summer at Elphinfest.
- Health Unit raises the alarm over radon in KFL&A
- “I was like a fly to his fly-paper,” North Frontenac land developer David Hill says of Gypsy Villas in fraud trial
- Freak lightning strike triggers first response in South Frontenac
- The butterfly lady of Inverary
- Parham Fair carries on regardless of the weather