Jeff Green | Jul 23, 2009
Back to HomeFeature Article - July 23, 2009 RKY Regatta: Canoes & Belly FlopsBy Julie Druker
Campers and staff at the RKY Camp located on Eagle Lake participated in one of their bi-weekly regattas recently. The event is a favorite for campers who are divided into teams and compete in a number of events that include Smartie eating, cracker whistling, swimming, archery, kayaking, fire building, canoeing and, of course, the belly flop competition.
Teams gathered at the Eagle Lake beach in canoes waiting for the relay runners to pass them their batons. The canoes then crossed the lake back to the camp. Minutes later cheering could be heard and smoke could be seen rising up from the forest as the teams raced to build their camp fires.
- Health Unit raises the alarm over radon in KFL&A
- “I was like a fly to his fly-paper,” North Frontenac land developer David Hill says of Gypsy Villas in fraud trial
- Freak lightning strike triggers first response in South Frontenac
- The butterfly lady of Inverary
- Parham Fair carries on regardless of the weather