Jeff Green | Apr 03, 2008
Feature Article - April Fools
Back toHomeFeature Article -April Fools Tiny Moose Spotted A Tiny Moose, crossing the road near Fernleigh.
Several small moose have been spotted in the area, a new sight to most local residents. The parvulus alces alces, or "Tiny moose" is the evolutionary response of the species to global warming and therefore lack of available food. Unfortunately these 200 lb. creatures do pose a threat to the already established deer population in the area. The MNR will hold a special meeting with the North Frontenac Council on Monday, to determine a plan of action.
- Frontenac Paramedic Services opts for continuity in leadership as the future becomes uncertain
- Pen pal correspondence has continued for 82 years
- Conservation Authorities face 50% funding cut
- Ambulance service was a big part of amalgamation talks, says former Warden
- Cuts to Library funding forces end to inter-library loan service