Jeff Green | Feb 02, 2006
Feature Article - February 2, 2006
Feature ArticleFebruary 2, 2006
CentralFrontenac Community Services news (CFCS)
- Storrington School Age Care Program: The before and after school program is now up and running at Storrington Public School! Ten families have enrolled their 17 children to be supervised by qualified staff and to participate in programming on days when their parents are at work. Mornings start at 6:30 a.m. and after-school runs until 6 p.m. This service will continue to be developed to offer expanded care for working parents. New applications will continue to be received.
Early Childhood Educator Hazel Lewis joins our staff as the After School Care Coordinator of this program. She brings with her 25 years experience working with children. She and Lesley Dixon, taking the lead on Before School Care, will provide the programming to assist parents in ensuring that their child meets the developmental milestones required to succeed in school. To register your child contact Jillian Manning, Family Services Coordinator or Lesley Dixon, Home Visitor at the Rural VISIONS Centre.
- Income tax volunteers needed: A day-long training session will be provided on February 15 at the Rural VISIONS Centre for those willing to complete returns for seniors, disabled adults, and families all with incomes of less than $29,590. Please register by February 10.
- Book your income tax appointments now! Revenue Canada Trained Volunteers will complete your personal returns at the Rural VISIONS Centre. Bookings will be made starting February 20, 2006. Donations only - no set fee. Call us to determine if you qualify for this service and/or to book your appointment.
- Friendly Visitors: There is a need in our community for people to visit our clients. On February 8 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. we will be offering a Friendly Visitor Training program at our office in Sydenham. Lunch will be provided. This is available to present and future volunteers. If you would be interested in attending, please contact Leona or Suzy.
- To register or for information on any of the above, call 376-6477 or 1-800-763-9610
- Health Unit raises the alarm over radon in KFL&A
- “I was like a fly to his fly-paper,” North Frontenac land developer David Hill says of Gypsy Villas in fraud trial
- Freak lightning strike triggers first response in South Frontenac
- The butterfly lady of Inverary
- Parham Fair carries on regardless of the weather