Jeff Green | Nov 30, 2006
Feature Article - November 23, 2006
Back toHomeFeature Article - November 23, 2006
Wilson Flood update
There was some light at the end of the tunnel for Janice Wilson and her grandsons Caleb and Justin this week. They received the good news that a suitable house in the area has become available for them, and now efforts are being concentrated towards raising enough money for a down payment and the house entry fees. The family’s homelessness may soon be at an end.
“The boys are thrilled,” Janice said. “After all the trauma they’ve have been through it was really important to keep them in the same school where they’re doing well and getting lots of support, so it’s great to find a house close by. Now we can look forward, instead of looking back,” she added.
On December 1, Sharbot Lake High School will be holding a Walk-a-thon to raise funds for the Wilsons . Also, Sharbot Lake Public School is planning to donate part of the proceeds of their annual Jingle Bell Walk to the family.
Anyone wishing to help out can mail their donations c/o the Frontenac News, P O Box 229 , Sharbot Lake ON , K0H 2P0 , or drop them off at our office, 1095 Garrett St. in Sharbot Lake . Cheques should be made out to the “Wilson Flood Fund”.Other Stories this Week View RSS feed
- Frontenac Paramedic Services opts for continuity in leadership as the future becomes uncertain
- Pen pal correspondence has continued for 82 years
- Conservation Authorities face 50% funding cut
- Ambulance service was a big part of amalgamation talks, says former Warden
- Cuts to Library funding forces end to inter-library loan service