Jun 19, 2019
On July 5th, five members of the Kingston Area Ice Stock Club (all of us are residents of South Frontenac) will be heading to Paraguay with other members of the Canadian Ice Stock Federation to compete in an International Ice Stock Federation event called the "America Cup". Teams from Paraguay, Brazil, Columbia and Canada will be competing. Canada will have two teams heading down. What an incredible experience this will be and the goal is that we will host the next America Cup right her in South Frontenac!
In other news, the KAISC now has a "special olympic" team. Although we are not officially recognized by special olympics, this will be our goal. Ice Stock was featured as a sport at the last winter special olympics in Austria in 2018. And so, we will have a team for the future. Currently we have 6 athletes in our club who have taken up the sport. The sport is a genuine opportunity for inclusion and we are so proud of our athletes with special needs who are kicking butt with us!
- Health Unit raises the alarm over radon in KFL&A
- “I was like a fly to his fly-paper,” North Frontenac land developer David Hill says of Gypsy Villas in fraud trial
- Freak lightning strike triggers first response in South Frontenac
- The butterfly lady of Inverary
- Parham Fair carries on regardless of the weather