Jul 31, 2019
July 26, 2019, after a brief battle with cancer. Doug is predeceased by his loving wife, Mickey. Dedicated father to his sons Murray (Ruth) and Mark (Gemma). Most cherished grandfather and friend to Mitchell, Luke, Duncan, Gavin and Camryn. Doug is also survived by his sister, Gladie Thompson. Doug will never be forgotten by his many nieces, nephews, former students and close friends. A heartfelt thank you to the staff on Heritage 2 at Providence Care for their loving care of Doug. Family and friends are invited to a celebration of Doug’s life from 2-6 on Saturday, September 28 at the Sydenham Legion, 4361 Amelia St., Sydenham.
- Health Unit raises the alarm over radon in KFL&A
- “I was like a fly to his fly-paper,” North Frontenac land developer David Hill says of Gypsy Villas in fraud trial
- Freak lightning strike triggers first response in South Frontenac
- The butterfly lady of Inverary
- Parham Fair carries on regardless of the weather