Jul 31, 2019
We are sad to announce the passing of Jim Hillier. After a brief illness, Jim passed away peacefully at Providence Care Hospital Kingston on July 25, 2019. The son of predeceased parents Ab and Doreen Hillier, brother of late Alice (Del) Watson. Fondly remembered by his sister Jeanette (Danny) Dafoe.
Wife Carol; children Mike (Jodi) of Godfrey, Andrew (Vikki) of Yarker, Kristen (Justin) of Camden East, and late son Jesse.
Loving Grandfather to Carter, Jack, Grace, Abby, Landon, Ben, Lawson and late grandbaby Loretta.
Jim was the brother in-law of Deb and John Ibey and Dave and Kathy Smith. Uncle to many nieces and nephews.
Thank you to all the health care teams who supported Jim in his home, Plevna First responders, Dr. Bell and his team and to Providence Care for taking such good care of Jim and for supporting to the family. Thanks to Jim’s neighbors and friends for your kind words and expressed readiness to help, much appreciated.
A time and place for celebration of life will be announced in the near future.
- Health Unit raises the alarm over radon in KFL&A
- “I was like a fly to his fly-paper,” North Frontenac land developer David Hill says of Gypsy Villas in fraud trial
- Freak lightning strike triggers first response in South Frontenac
- The butterfly lady of Inverary
- Parham Fair carries on regardless of the weather