Jul 19, 2019
(Retired General Motors Employee)
It is with heavy hearts we announce the passing of Roger Lyons in his 76th year. Peacefully at Lennox and Addington Hospital on July 9th, 2019 with his loving wife of 56 years Sharon (Van Ness) by his side. Predeceased by his parents William and Gladys (Schonauer), his sister Geraldine (Cox) and his sister-in-law Gail Newton (Carl). Survived by brother Paul, sister Barb Pakul (Paul), brother-in-laws Walter Van Ness (Pauline), Mark Van Ness (Debbie), sister-in-laws Darlene McQueen and Bev Jones (Bob). Much loved father of Tim (Liz) and Tony (Tanya). Cherished grandfather of Melanie, Amanda, Myles Riley (Dawn), Julie and Mitchell. Special thanks to the staff of Lennox and Addington Hospital for their care and compassion during his final days. Memorial donations may be made to The Heart of Hastings Hospice. A celebration of life will be held Saturday July 27th at Fernleigh Lodge from 12-3 p.m.
- Health Unit raises the alarm over radon in KFL&A
- “I was like a fly to his fly-paper,” North Frontenac land developer David Hill says of Gypsy Villas in fraud trial
- Freak lightning strike triggers first response in South Frontenac
- The butterfly lady of Inverary
- Parham Fair carries on regardless of the weather