Mar 11, 2015
Do you have health issues that are affecting the way you live?
Gain information and skills to better manage your chronic condition and live healthier. This free, six-week workshop helps people to actively achieve their best health and wellness while managing one or more ongoing conditions like arthritis, heart disease, diabetes, stroke, kidney disease, depression, lung disease, and others. You can learn: how to deal with the emotional, physical and social aspects of living with a chronic condition; how to manage symptoms, medications and treat side -effects; improve communication with health care team members; and lead a healthy lifestyle, manage stress, make action plans and set goals.
The workshops will be held at Land O'Lakes Community Services, 12497A Highway 41, Northbrook, on Wednesdays, April 8 to May 13, 1:30- 4pm. Participants will receive a free copy of the book "Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions".
- Frontenac Paramedic Services opts for continuity in leadership as the future becomes uncertain
- Pen pal correspondence has continued for 82 years
- Conservation Authorities face 50% funding cut
- Ambulance service was a big part of amalgamation talks, says former Warden
- Cuts to Library funding forces end to inter-library loan service