Nov 26, 2014
by Jean Brown
Last week a large contingency of our Land O' Lakes Seniors visited two members at their home in Pine Meadow, notably Verna Cowdy and Betty Tarney, along with many other friends. Sharing laughs, telling hunting stories, and enjoying coffee made for a fun morning, in spite of the roaring snow outside. We donated funds to aid the Pine Meadow Family Council, whose mission is "to improve the quality of life for all residents by promoting an atmosphere of sensitivity, caring and support among staff, friends and family members of the residents." The Council supports the needs of staff and residents by offering fun and fundraising events that enable other events such as a steak BBQ for all residents, staff appreciation day, Christmas gifts for all residents, and much more. Pine Meadow is buzzing with excitement as Christmas approaches and as the new addition nears completion and folks move into their newly renovated rooms. Thanks one and all.
- Health Unit raises the alarm over radon in KFL&A
- “I was like a fly to his fly-paper,” North Frontenac land developer David Hill says of Gypsy Villas in fraud trial
- Freak lightning strike triggers first response in South Frontenac
- The butterfly lady of Inverary
- Parham Fair carries on regardless of the weather