Katie Ohlke | Jun 10, 2010
Riley Kay, Grade 2 student at NAEC, represented her school at the annual Royal Canadian Legion Public Speaking competitions in the Grades 1--3 category. Riley first traveled to Northbrook then on to Sharbot Lake, Eganville and Brighton placing first at three of these four competitions. The final competition would have qualified Riley for the provincial competition held in Kirkland Lake. Although Riley made a strong presentation, she did not move on to this level. This is an amazing accomplishment for Riley and everyone at NAEC is very proud of her. Riley is looking forward to participating in next year's speeches. Congratulations Riley!!
NAEC Elects a New Students’ Council By Victoria Peeling
NAEC’s 2010/11 Students’ Council. Back row: Social Convener Nick Smart, Vice President Connor Gaylord, Treasurer Tanner Hinchey, front row: Cave Manager Gordie Grewal, Secretary Mike Deshane and President J.R. Lee. Photo: Morgan Wilson
As the 2009/10 school year comes to an end, next year’s Students’ Council at North Addington Education Center has been elected. On Monday morning, students from grade 8 to 12, as well as staff, were called down to hear candidate speeches and voting followed at lunch.
- Health Unit raises the alarm over radon in KFL&A
- “I was like a fly to his fly-paper,” North Frontenac land developer David Hill says of Gypsy Villas in fraud trial
- Freak lightning strike triggers first response in South Frontenac
- The butterfly lady of Inverary
- Parham Fair carries on regardless of the weather