Katie Ohlke | Apr 07, 2011
Photo: NAEC's new young authors
Each year, radio station 98.9FM The Drive gets money to promote Canadian music. The station has decided to put the money into music programs across the Limestone board, and is donating $1000 each to 13 schools. North Addington Education Centre was lucky to be one of them and on April 4, Joe and Jenn-O of The Drive, presented the music department with a $1000 cheque. Beth Lindsay of the music department says the department is very grateful for the donation and plans on using it towards repairing many of the instruments so they will continue to have the resources to run a successful program at the school. Nick Smart, Mike Deshane and Daryn Bolland played two rock songs for their classmates and the DJs. The clip should be aired on Friday morning.
- Frontenac Paramedic Services opts for continuity in leadership as the future becomes uncertain
- Pen pal correspondence has continued for 82 years
- Conservation Authorities face 50% funding cut
- Ambulance service was a big part of amalgamation talks, says former Warden
- Cuts to Library funding forces end to inter-library loan service