Cathy Meeks | Feb 17, 2011
Photo: Winners of the public speaking contest from left to right: Kaden Snider, Riley Kay, Madi Lemke, Lance Wagner and Ben Mieske, photo by Dave Deacon.
Students participated at the Lions Hall, Northbrook, on Friday Feb. 11/11 in front of family and friends. It was encouraging to see the strong support these kids had!! Thanks to Carol Lessard, Cheryl Freeburn and Dave Deacon for volunteering as judges – they had no easy task!! Thanks to Sheila Hawley and Trudy Deacon who volunteered as time-keepers; Sonja Alcock for her fine calligraphy on the posters; to Robert Bryden for being score-runner; Cathy Ballar, scrutineer; President Cecil Hawley for setting up the hall; and to any others who helped out. The First Place winners will now move on to the next level of competition to be held later this month. Good luck!!! And thanks for participating!!!
- Health Unit raises the alarm over radon in KFL&A
- “I was like a fly to his fly-paper,” North Frontenac land developer David Hill says of Gypsy Villas in fraud trial
- Freak lightning strike triggers first response in South Frontenac
- The butterfly lady of Inverary
- Parham Fair carries on regardless of the weather