Apr 06, 2017
Sunday March 26 was the first Sunday of Spring 2017. Friends of Brown's Camp and Sail Mazinaw gathered for the 2nd Annual Mazinaw Sock Burn. The event was again hosted by Tina and Dana Richard at their Addington Rd 5 home. The crews braved the rain to burn the socks they had been wearing all winter. After the ceremony, they moved indoors to enjoy coffee, treats, and good company. It was all very good fun.
The sock burning ritual was a sign of the approaching sailing season. However, Mazinaw Lake was still completely covered with ice and was supporting traffic from snowmobiles, 4-wheelers, and bicycles.
The 2017 edition of Sail Mazinaw is scheduled for Saturday July 08. All sailors are encouraged to bring their boats and their boards to Mazinaw Lake this summer to join the flotilla. Check the Sail Mazinaw Facebook page for more details.
- Frontenac Paramedic Services opts for continuity in leadership as the future becomes uncertain
- Pen pal correspondence has continued for 82 years
- Conservation Authorities face 50% funding cut
- Ambulance service was a big part of amalgamation talks, says former Warden
- Cuts to Library funding forces end to inter-library loan service