Ontario Provincial Police | Dec 07, 2016
On Sunday, December 4th, 2016 at 5:10 pm officers with the Kaladar detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a fatal motor vehicle collision on Highway 7.
A tractor- trailer travelling westbound on Highway 7 and a Subaru Forester travelling eastbound collided head-on approximately 2 km west of Highway 41 near Kaladar.
OPP Technical Traffic Collision Investigators attended the scene to assist with determining the cause of the collision.
Preliminary investigation determined that the Subaru crossed into the path of the tractor trailer for an unknown reason.
The driver of the Subaru, 70 year-old Brian WARD and his passenger, 67 year-old Mary WARD, both of Ottawa were pronounced deceased at the scene.
The driver of the tractor-trailer, a 59 year-old Ottawa man, was transported to hospital for minor injuries.
A post-mortem examination is being conducted on the deceased driver today.
- Health Unit raises the alarm over radon in KFL&A
- “I was like a fly to his fly-paper,” North Frontenac land developer David Hill says of Gypsy Villas in fraud trial
- Freak lightning strike triggers first response in South Frontenac
- The butterfly lady of Inverary
- Parham Fair carries on regardless of the weather