Jeff Green | Jan 27, 2009
Back to HomeFeature Article - January 29, 2009 Frontenac Heritage Festival taking shape – Feb. 19th – 22ndBy Carol Coupland
The third annual Frontenac Heritage Festival is slated for February 19-22.
This year’s version of the Festival will be kicked off at the Sharbot Lake Country Inn on the morning of February 19th. Following the opening ceremonies, Jan Bonhomme will be the keynote speaker on the topic of “The Value of Festivals” at a business breakfast.
Events will include horse drawn carriage rides, cross country skiing, displays and more.
Displays and events are slated for the Crow Lake Schoolhouse, St. James Major Church Hall, and Maples Restaurant.
Local Authors are invited to St. James Major on Saturday (February 21) and the popular Variety Show will take place on Saturday night at he Oso Hall. (those interested in participating are asked to contact Dave Willis (279-2844) or Carol Coupland (279-2963).
- Health Unit raises the alarm over radon in KFL&A
- “I was like a fly to his fly-paper,” North Frontenac land developer David Hill says of Gypsy Villas in fraud trial
- Freak lightning strike triggers first response in South Frontenac
- The butterfly lady of Inverary
- Parham Fair carries on regardless of the weather