Jeff Green | Oct 12, 2006
Feature Article - October 12, 2006
Back toHomeFeature Article - October 12, 2006
Local MPto host agricultural town hall
Local MP Scott Reid is hosting an agricultural town hall meeting to discuss with local farmers their concerns and ideas on agricultural policies.
“Every day, agricultural policies affect those who operate farms and farm-related businesses in our communities,” Reid stated. “Consulting my constituents is very important to me. This town hall meeting is just the first in a regular series of meetings with local producers on the issues that matter to their farms and families.”
The town hall will take place on Saturday, October 28 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Given the large size of the constituency which stretches from Carleton Place to Napanee the meeting will be held in a central location: Oso Hall at 1107 Garrett Street in Sharbot Lake . Reid plans to hold regular agricultural town hall meetings with his constituents three times a year, starting this fall.
Constituents are invited to contact Mr. Reid’s office at 1-866-277-1577 if they would like more information or to propose discussion topics for the meeting.Other Stories this Week View RSS feed
- Frontenac Paramedic Services opts for continuity in leadership as the future becomes uncertain
- Pen pal correspondence has continued for 82 years
- Conservation Authorities face 50% funding cut
- Ambulance service was a big part of amalgamation talks, says former Warden
- Cuts to Library funding forces end to inter-library loan service