Jan 30, 2019
On January 29, 2019 Central Frontenac Fire & Rescue responded to a truck fire at 0944 hrs located at a residence on Guigue Road.
On arrival the truck was fully involved in fire and there were small explosions due to ammunition inside the vehicle. The resident and his handicapped wife were in the vehicle when the truck ignited in fire. The husband was able to remove his wife to safety by dragging her through the snow. There were no injuries. The cause of the fire is under investigation but appears to be mechanical at this time.
- Frontenac Paramedic Services opts for continuity in leadership as the future becomes uncertain
- Pen pal correspondence has continued for 82 years
- Conservation Authorities face 50% funding cut
- Ambulance service was a big part of amalgamation talks, says former Warden
- Cuts to Library funding forces end to inter-library loan service