Jeff Green | Jul 05, 2007
Feature Article - March 8, 2007
Back toHomeFeature Article - July 5, 2007
Stewardship of Desert lake
The Desert Lake Property Owners Association (DLPOA) is a non-profit association of year round and seasonal lake property owners and includes in its membership the lake’s commercial businesses.
The DLPOA is undertaking the development of a Lake Stewardship Plan, the purpose of which is to produce a “Living Document” that will be a framework for protecting and enhancing Desert Lake and its environs for decades to come. In order to achieve this goal, we are inviting the participation of Desert Lake residents, other recreational users, and businesses to attend a PUBLIC MEETING to be held at The Desert Lake Family Resort, Desert Lake Road,on Friday, July 13 from 10am to 4pm. Topics to be considered at this meeting will include but not be limited to: water quality, lakeshore preservation, land development, fish stocks, and general recreational uses of the lake.
If you live on, near to or visit Desert Lake for recreational purposes at any time of the year, your contribution to the development of a Lake Stewardship Plan will be greatly appreciated and you will have an opportunity to help shape the future of Desert Lake.
Refreshments will be provided but meals will be the participant’s responsibility.
- Frontenac Paramedic Services opts for continuity in leadership as the future becomes uncertain
- Pen pal correspondence has continued for 82 years
- Conservation Authorities face 50% funding cut
- Ambulance service was a big part of amalgamation talks, says former Warden
- Cuts to Library funding forces end to inter-library loan service