Jeff Green | Apr 27, 2006
Feature Article - April 27, 2006
Back toHomeFeature Article - April 27, 2006
On April 20, the Hip Hops Skipping Team from H arrowsmith Public School gave a skipping demonstration at St. Patrick’s Catholic School .
The Hip Hops have given demonstrations at seven schools to raise enthusiasm for the Jump Rope for Heart events that will shortly be taking place. Jump Rope for Heart raises funds for the Heart & Stroke Foundation.
This is the team’s first year and they are the only demo team in the Limestone Board. Last year a demo team visited Harrowsmith PS and created such interest that the idea of forming a Harrowsmith team was born. First, a skipping club was formed back in January for anyone who was interested, and in February, students tried out for the 15 spots on the team. The expert skippers are from grades 1-8, and are: Sarah Amos, Eric Bancroft, Caitlin Belore, Mackenzie Cark, Hunter Ferguson, Megan Gerritsen, Randie Hollingsworth, Tyler Hollingsworth, Alyssa Leslie, Sarah McCallum, Claire Millard, Connor Millard, Keisha Patchett, Kelsey Player, and Taylor Wilson. Three teachers coach the team: Miss Smith, Mrs. Ferguson-Murphy, and Ms. Mayhew.Other Stories this Week View RSS feed
- Frontenac Paramedic Services opts for continuity in leadership as the future becomes uncertain
- Pen pal correspondence has continued for 82 years
- Conservation Authorities face 50% funding cut
- Ambulance service was a big part of amalgamation talks, says former Warden
- Cuts to Library funding forces end to inter-library loan service