Ontario Provincial Police | Jul 17, 2019
Members of the Lanark County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) are investigating the apparent drowning of a two year old girl.
Shortly after 2:00 p.m. on Friday, July 12, 2019 officers responded to a residence with a swimming pool in Tay Valley Township after being contacted by Lanar k County Ambulance Dispatch.
OPP provided an escort for the ambulance to hospital, but tragically, the child was pronounced dead at hospital.
The OPP is assisting the Office of The Chief Coroner of Ontario.
The Investigation is current and ongoing.
- 30 -
Contact: Provincial Constable David BIRD
Media Relations Officer
Lanark County Detachment
Phone: (613) 264-2167
- Health Unit raises the alarm over radon in KFL&A
- “I was like a fly to his fly-paper,” North Frontenac land developer David Hill says of Gypsy Villas in fraud trial
- Freak lightning strike triggers first response in South Frontenac
- The butterfly lady of Inverary
- Parham Fair carries on regardless of the weather