Jul 18, 2018
Central Frontenac Fire & Rescue (CFFR) called in Ministry of Natural Resources to assist with a large wildfire July 12, 2018.
On July 12, 2018, at 1723hrs, CFFR received a call from a resident reporting smoke coming from a forest area in the southern area of Arden Road. At the same time, CFFR received a call from the Ministry of Natural Resources that an airplane reported a wildfire in the area of Arden Road and Pitt Road. CFFR located a large wildfire in a remote area east of Arden Road near the Stone Mills boundary.
Due to the size of the fire, very dry and hot conditions, and remote location, CFFR requested assistance from Ministry of Natural Resources. The fire was approximately 2.5 hectares with large hills and heavy brush and trees.
CFFR was on scene fighting the fire for 3 days, it was declared stopped on Saturday July 14 at 1130hrs. The cause of the fire was from lightning striking a tree.
CFFR would like to remind residents that the wild fire hazard rating is extreme and there is a level 2 burning ban.
- Frontenac Paramedic Services opts for continuity in leadership as the future becomes uncertain
- Pen pal correspondence has continued for 82 years
- Conservation Authorities face 50% funding cut
- Ambulance service was a big part of amalgamation talks, says former Warden
- Cuts to Library funding forces end to inter-library loan service