Jun 28, 2017
July 8 is the third annual Sail Mazinaw. The objective of the event is to identify Mazinaw Lake as a remarkable sailing venue. On July 8, all cottagers, campers and transient sailors are invited to rig their boats and their boards and go for a sail. It is not a race nor a regatta. It's a fun flotilla and an occasion , or an excuse, to get boats on the water. It's a great opportunity to introduce a new generation to the sport.
The day will begin with a crew breakfast at Mazinaw Lakeside Resort. The staff will open the doors at 8:00 to get an early start for the sailors and friends. Dock space at MLR is limited, so you are encouraged to arrive by car. After breakfast, you have all day to enjoy a sail.
If you are near the lagoon in Bon Echo Provincial Park between noon and 2:00, pull your boat up on a beach and enjoy a hamburger or a hot dog prepared by Friends of Bon Echo. The proceeds go to fund the many programs that The Friends organize throughout the camping season. Your support will be appreciated.
Details of a potluck supper will be communicated at the crew breakfast.
Bring your boat, bring your board, crew with a friend, invite your neighbour, but get on the water for Sail Mazinaw, July 8.
- Health Unit raises the alarm over radon in KFL&A
- “I was like a fly to his fly-paper,” North Frontenac land developer David Hill says of Gypsy Villas in fraud trial
- Freak lightning strike triggers first response in South Frontenac
- The butterfly lady of Inverary
- Parham Fair carries on regardless of the weather