Lauder Smith | Sep 28, 2016
At our meeting in Cloyne, March 20, 2016, we discussed the past efforts and the future plans of the club and then had a very interesting presentation by Steve Elmy, founder of Rack Stackers, a deer feed and seed company. He introduced his product line and emphasized the planting of nutrient-loaded plants in open spaces, around old marshes and bush trails. It would seem that we can grow large amounts of feed for deer on small plots of land. He is familiar with the area and assures us that we can be successful here. Our land will need to be treated with lime to counteract the acidity of our soil. He is open to offer support and advice through Facebook, 613-477-2473 and his web site www.rackstacker.ca. Many thanks to Steve for an informative and interesting evening. He donated the products he brought to show us and the happy winners headed home with their prizes.
- Frontenac Paramedic Services opts for continuity in leadership as the future becomes uncertain
- Pen pal correspondence has continued for 82 years
- Conservation Authorities face 50% funding cut
- Ambulance service was a big part of amalgamation talks, says former Warden
- Cuts to Library funding forces end to inter-library loan service