Jan 06, 2016
Just days before Christmas, fire destroyed a home in Flinton, leaving the two families who were tenants of the building homeless. One family with three children was away at the time and the mother of the other family was able to get her three sons out safely. The bulding was insured, but the families did not have renters’ insurance, and the community has rallied to support them with donations of clothes, money and furniture. The families have found temporary accommodations and now the need is mainly for monetary donations, which can be dropped off at 3651 Flinton Road, or to Pastor Eng of the Pine Grove Free Methodist Church in Cloyne.
- Health Unit raises the alarm over radon in KFL&A
- Freak lightning strike triggers first response in South Frontenac
- The butterfly lady of Inverary
- Parham Fair carries on regardless of the weather