Jeff Green | Feb 19, 2009
Back to HomeFeature Article - February 19, 2009 Sasha’s haircut raises over $850, and a 14” braid
Hair dresser Amanda Pelicos and Sasha Berndt
“Sasha's haircut went great!,” reported her mother Sherry Berndt after her first ever haircut.
The haircut yielded a 14” braid, which has been donated to “A Child’s Voice Foundation – Angel Hair for Kids” in Mississauga.
As well, a fundraising drive which included collection jars at several Denbigh businesses (including the Swiss Inn, which was the location where the Berndts celebrated with a Valentine’s dinner after the haircut) raised $862.09.
“I had no idea that amount of money had been raised,” said Sherry Berndt, who had estimated that about $300 would be the total. The money has been donated to the Canadian Cancer Society.
As for Sasha, she’s just thrilled to have done this, and she’s happy with her new haircut as well, courtesy of Amanda Pelicos from “Rural Roots” in Lanark Village.
The Berndts thank everyone in Denbigh for the support.
- Frontenac Paramedic Services opts for continuity in leadership as the future becomes uncertain
- Pen pal correspondence has continued for 82 years
- Conservation Authorities face 50% funding cut
- Ambulance service was a big part of amalgamation talks, says former Warden
- Cuts to Library funding forces end to inter-library loan service