Jeff Green | Apr 06, 2006
Feature Article - April 6, 2006
Back toHomeFeature Article - April 6, 2006
The return of the hootenanny
A couple of years ago, a group of musicians began holding Hootenannies in Kingston and at the Maberly Hall. The events have a high spirited energy and the music is a mix of great Canadian Country and Bluegrass inflected tunes. The Hootenannies have always been well received and the concept has grown. Last year a western tour was organised, and this spring the hootenanny tour will be coming to Montreal , Toronto , Hamilton , Kingston , Guelph , and this Sunday, April 9, will be returning to the Maberly Hall.
Featured artists include many that are well known locally, including: Jenny Whiteley, Oh Susanna, Luther Wright, Cam Giroux, Dan Whiteley, and the Hootenanny founder and host, Victoria ’s Carolyn Mark.
They will be joined by Shuyler Jansen, Hank and Lily, Gor Tough and Diona Davies.
Tickets will be available at the door and at Shadowfax in Perth for $18.00. The doors open at 7:30 and the show starts at 8.Other Stories this Week View RSS feed
- Health Unit raises the alarm over radon in KFL&A
- “I was like a fly to his fly-paper,” North Frontenac land developer David Hill says of Gypsy Villas in fraud trial
- Freak lightning strike triggers first response in South Frontenac
- The butterfly lady of Inverary
- Parham Fair carries on regardless of the weather