Jeff Green | May 25, 2006
Feature Article - May 25, 2006
Back toHomeFeature Article - May 25, 2006
Letters to the Editor
Re: Road Construction on Oak Flats Road
I am a resident of Central Frontenac and have resided on Oak Flats Road for over 20 years. Construction on this road began 12 years ago and to date the construction has not been completed, leaving a 1.1km. section of the road ditched out and very narrow. Once again in this year’s budget money has not been allotted for its completion.I understand the financial burden of government downloading. I understand wanting to keep our taxes to a minimum. But I do not understand why there have been ‘false promises’ throughout this project.
Councilor Bill Snyder has been bringing this issue to the table annually as he continues to be a voice for the families and individuals who use this road on a regular basis.Mayor Bill MacDonald, council and Bill Nicol, you cannot deny that this construction requires completion. Thank you Councilor Bill Snyder for your continued support and dedication to this project along with many others.
- Sharon ShepherdOther Stories this Week View RSS feed
- Frontenac Paramedic Services opts for continuity in leadership as the future becomes uncertain
- Pen pal correspondence has continued for 82 years
- Conservation Authorities face 50% funding cut
- Ambulance service was a big part of amalgamation talks, says former Warden
- Cuts to Library funding forces end to inter-library loan service