Jeff Green | Jun 15, 2006
Feature Article - June 15, 2006
Back toHomeFeature Article - June 15, 2006
Letters to the Editor
Re: Addington Highlands rejects Sunday gun hunting
This letter is in support of the Sunday gun hunt for deer in Addington Highlands. Why is council so reluctant to pass it? It costs the ratepayers nothing, and also brings us online with Hastings to the west and North Frontenac to the east.
Remember the big to-do about allowing ATV's on township roads? So where are the hordes of roaring, smoke belching monster machines with their bug-eyed, salivating drivers tearing up our roads? It never happened, but council had to wring their hands and consult with lawyers to finally approve it.
Some say they want one day to walk in the woods without bullets whizzing by their heads, but how many people are walking around in the middle of nowhere, on a Sundayin November? Besides it is two Sundays out of the whole year.....that leaves 50 others for hiking.
I bow hunt,that is legal on Sundays for two MONTHS!
In my humble opinion, allowing the Sunday gun hunt for deer in Addington Highlands is a no-brainer.
- Larry PealowOther Stories this Week View RSS feed
- Health Unit raises the alarm over radon in KFL&A
- “I was like a fly to his fly-paper,” North Frontenac land developer David Hill says of Gypsy Villas in fraud trial
- Freak lightning strike triggers first response in South Frontenac
- The butterfly lady of Inverary
- Parham Fair carries on regardless of the weather