Jeff Green | Jun 01, 2006
Feature Article - June 1, 2006
Back toHomeFeature Article - June 1, 2006
Store owners pulling up stakes
Brett andJenHarvey have been familiar faces inSharbotLake as the proprietors of Harvey's ValuMart for the past 14 years. They have also been constant supporters of theSharbotLakePublicSchool. So, when they sold the store back toNationalGrocers a few weeks ago and began preparing for a move to theNapanee area, the school's parent Council decided they had to mark the occasion.
"Whenever we needed anything, from hot dogs to pop to paper plates to balloons we have always been able to call Brett orJen and we received whatever we needed,"recalled SchooCouncil chairCherylArmstrong as she presented theHarveys with schoolT-shirts and a gift certificate to Mexicali Rosas inPerth.
"The school has been here for oru children," saidBrett Harvey, "so it has been easy to help out when we could."Other Stories this Week View RSS feed
- Frontenac Paramedic Services opts for continuity in leadership as the future becomes uncertain
- Pen pal correspondence has continued for 82 years
- Conservation Authorities face 50% funding cut
- Ambulance service was a big part of amalgamation talks, says former Warden
- Cuts to Library funding forces end to inter-library loan service