The Frontenac News is guided by the following editorial criteria:
- has regional content from the distribution range of the Frontenac News
- meets acceptable journalistic standards of factual accuracy, writing style, balanced reporting and reader interest;
- whenever possible contributes to a sense of pride in the region, and when events and analyses do not present the region in a favourable light, then;
- the analyses and commentary should be presented in ways that don't unnecessarily polarize the community but could lead to constructive action;
- provides individuals an opportunity to publish well formulated opinions on matters of importance in the region.